× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Smith Smith
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
"Dad, how did you bring the elephant into this computer?" i questioned when i was 9 years old. Ever since, I?ve always fancied computers. Computing technology and the effect it has on the everyday lives of ordinary people has turned phenomenal. In a world which moves at a mouse click, the best blessing one could be bestowed with is the understanding of computer science and I?m glad to be one among the privileged few who have jumped into this endeavour.
My interest in computers started taking roots during my 8th grade when I topped the ?.....? conducted by NRIKD. Then on, I started taking steps to nurture my computer interest by joining basic courses related to the field. Meanwhile, I?ve always concentrated in my academics and have excelled in the very same at every stage of my education. In the twelve years of schooling, I have always been ranked first or second in my class.
During my high school days, I developed a great interest for computer science. It happened for me to take up courses on ?Programming in C and C++? from a reputed institution called ...., which further fascinated me and hence later on in my life, when it came to choosing a career- I eventually opted for computer science and Engineering.
                My aspiration during my higher secondary days was mainly to join a prestigious institute for my under graduate studies. Further preparation led me to a score of 94.5%, which got me admitted into a renowned institute, ....., for pursuing my bachelors in computer science and engineering (CSE). The Institute further accentuated this urge in me to learn, by providing me a very vital and strong foothold in fundamentals of engineering, mathematics and related tools during the last four years and my grades reflect my attitude towards the courses.
It was during my second semester that I started taking accountable steps towards my career. I presented a few review papers on well-known technologies. A major turning point came about in my life when I joined the ..... I?ve been its member for the past three years. It gave me the opportunity to come across several research people working in different areas of computation. Interactions with them made me realize the vastness and scope of this prestigious field. Further, through its workshops, seminars and publications like the ?....?, it exposed me to a lot of emerging technologies. My interest in the field of computing burgeoned since then.
I strongly believe that my dedication and contribution to the field grew and it stretched as far as me being able to present technical papers at national level symposia in India. It was august 2008, when I presented a paper on Neutral Face? in ...., for which I was awarded the second prize. I presented another paper on Neutral Face??.? For which I was awarded the first place in ....
As early as in my fourth semester, I had the opportunity to intern at a prestigious company named ...., which provided me valuable practical insight into strategies and working of ATMs, I was trained in the selection of appropriate strategy for different running conditions. This industrial exposure solidified my adolescent fascination towards computer languages. Subsequently, I opted for courses like: Advanced C programming, Object Oriented programming, Java programming and C#. I also attended training in ... which taught me about the life cycle of a software development process (SDLC) of hospital management software. I also participated in ..., an online programming contest organised by ....
Meantime, I also concentrated on developing my team playing and leadership qualities. I participated in the ten days special camp programme ... I?ve been an active member of the volunteering committee of .., an interschool competition and ..., a national level technical symposium. I also participated in the workshop ..., a transformational leadership programme conducted by save the globe organization. I believe that my pleasing manners convinced the college administration to choose me as one among the two to represent the college during a meeting with the honorable president .....
Read 589 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
"Dad, how did you get the elephant inside this computer?" This is the question I asked when I was 9 years old. Ever since, I?ve always been interested by computers. Computer technology and the effect it has on the everyday lives of ordinary people has become phenomenal. In a world that moves at a mouse click, the best blessing one could be bestowed with is the understanding of computer science and I am glad to be one among the privileged few who have jumped into this endeavour.
My interest in computers came about during 8th grade when I topped the ?.....? conducted by NRIKD. From then on, I started taking steps to nurture my interest in computers by joining basic courses related to the field. Meanwhile, I?ve always concentrated in my academic studies and have excelled in them at every stage of my education. In the twelve years of schooling, I have always been ranked first or second in my class.
During my high school days, I developed a great interest for computer science. I was able to take courses on ?Programming in C and C++? from a reputed institution called ...., which further fascinated me and increased my interest in computer science even more. This has contributed greatly to my more recent choices, which is why when it came to choosing a career, I eventually opted for Computer Science and Engineering.
My aspiration towards the end of my secondary years was mainly to join a prestigious institute for my under graduate studies. Further preparation led me to a score of 94.5%, which got me admitted into a renowned institute, ....., for pursuing my bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). The Institute[either Institute of Example, or simply The institute (no capital I)] further accentuated my urge to learn, by providing me with a vital and firm foothold in the fundamentals of engineering, mathematics and related tools during the last four years. As a result, I believe my grades reflect my attitude towards the courses.
It was during my second semester that I started taking methodical steps towards my career. I produced a few review papers on well-known technologies. A major turning point came about in my life when I joined the ..... I?ve been a member for the past three years. It gave me the opportunity to come across several researchers working in different areas of computing[computation means the use of computer power]. Interacting with them made me realize the vastness and scope of this prestigious field. Furthermore, through its workshops, seminars and publications like the ?....?, it exposed me to a lot of emerging technologies. My interest in the field of computing has burgeoned since then.
I strongly believe that my dedication and contribution to the field grew and it stretched as far as me being able to present technical papers at national level symposia in India. During August of 2008, I presented a paper on Neutral Face? in ...., for which I was awarded the second prize. I presented another paper on Neutral Face??.? for which I was awarded the first place in ....
As early as my fourth semester, I had the opportunity to intern at a prestigious[might be overusing "prestigious" a little; how about reveered?] company named ...., which provided me with a highly valuable practical insight into the strategies and mechanisms of ATMs. Here, I was trained in the selection of appropriate strategies for different running conditions. This industrial exposure solidified my adolescent fascination towards computer languages[well-written]. Subsequently, I opted for courses such as: Advanced C programming, Object Oriented programming, Java programming and C#. I also attended training in ... which taught me about the life cycle of the software development process (SDLC) of hospital management software. I also participated in ..., an online programming contest organised by ....
Meanwhile, I also concentrated on developing both my teamwork and leadership qualities. I participated in the ten-day long special camp programme ... I?ve been an active member of the volunteering committee of .., an interschool competition and ..., a national-level technical symposium. I also participated in the workshop ..., a transformational leadership programme conducted by the Save the Globe organization. I believe that my polite and courteous manner convinced the college administration to choose me as one of only two to represent the college during a meeting with the honorable president .....

Hope this helps Slight Smile
The only recurring problems I saw, were not capitalising proper nouns (Save the Globe etc.), and time-phrases; "meantime, example" does not make sense. You can, though, say "in the meantime, example". "Further, example" is also rarely used to start a sentence, in favour of "furthermore, example".
Very good on the whole! Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1277 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293