5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
you could be a beggar.
wrote...
11 years ago
Sociology is the lowest end bachelor's degree.... it is the lowest paid degree....  because almost every other subject has Sociology within it Sociology is inside of economics, law, philosophy, psychology, literature, history, political science.... not in a way that it is an essential skill it is just a subset of knowledge... if you get a philosophy, law degree, literature degree, or pscyhology degree, you will learn all of sociology plus two or three times more information... for example Grapes of Wrath which is taught in literature is also remarked about in sociology, for its ma rxist and cap italistic comments.... a philosophy degree would run circles around a sociology degree...... a sociology degree is like reading the newspaper for four yearss.s..... i don't recommend it at allllllllllllll.. zero... many come out with a sociology degree and make 8 dollars an hour... in their field... as a social worker, or administrator in a government building...... I would press myself alot harder to just get any other degree....... spend as little money as possible on a sociology degree.... it doesn't pay to got one..
wrote...
11 years ago
social work is low paying and can get pretty depressing, I would rather be a teacher personally
wrote...
11 years ago
You can work at Starbucks for slightly more than minimum wage.

I recommend staying in school and getting a graduate degree.
wrote...
11 years ago
Bottom line, there are no direct jobs you can get with a sociology degree without having more training or education.

People I know who have sociology degrees that never went onto grad school or a vocational training program have gone into things such as laborers, retail, sales, housekeeping/janitorial, waiter, etc.  Some say the pay of teachers and social workers is bad.  Well, you try see what you'll be paid as a sales clerk then tell me the same thing.

Stick with education or social work; either one gets you a job when you graduate.  Sociology will not get you anything other than a piece of paper that says you have a bachelor's in sociology -- you'll have your 5 minutes of celebration then weep into tears when you realize that nobody's going to hire you unless you go begging for an entry level position such as a sales clerk.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1189 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?