No
0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9  
bio_man bio_man
wrote...
Administrator
Educator
12 years ago
I would like to get a consensus of how people feel about this website as they navigate through the options.

Keep in mind, whether or not it is easy to ask questions, find answers, contact members, etc.

Bio_man 8)
Read 2516 times
11 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
i'd like to add that the amount of stuff on the website is too much -- loading times are not as fast as other sites
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
i'd like to add that the amount of stuff on the website is too much -- loading times are not as fast as other sites

What do you suggest we change then?
wrote...
12 years ago
I had a little difficulty finding the actual forums themselves, I think their should be more prominent links for them.

On the homepage they are 'below the fold' on my laptop, maybe shortening your list block of Recent Post could bring it up into view, or maybe place a link in the main menu with a drop down displaying each category of forums so you'll always be 1 click away of your desired forum.
Wildlife Sightings, junponline.com
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
or maybe place a link in the main menu with a drop down displaying each category of forums so you'll always be 1 click away of your desired forum.

Great suggestion, will be implementing this, this week. Thank you.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
or maybe place a link in the main menu with a drop down displaying each category of forums so you'll always be 1 click away of your desired forum.

Okay, good to go!
wrote...
12 years ago

Okay, good to go!
Thanks, that helps me navigate the forums.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
That's great to hear, junponline. Let me know if there is anything else that you'd do to make it better than before.
wrote...
12 years ago
Another means to find and navigate throughout the forums better would be to place the breadcrumbs up beneath the main menu, it's traditionally in a more prominent location (link text could be bigger too) like that, just a suggestion.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
breadcrumbs up beneath the main menu

What exactly do you mean, junponline, I really would like to incorporate your suggestions.
wrote...
12 years ago
Just above the Poll on this page are the breadcrumbs:
ie. 'Biology Forums - For All Your Science Needs  >  Off-Topic Room - > Annoying Rants'

These breadcrumbs are very useful for navigating and usually are placed more prominently above main page content but below the main menu (ie Home-Search ect). Currently it's sandwiched between alot of content and in a small font, took me awhile to find it, I find it the best way to navigate the forum.
bio_man Author
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Aaaa, I see, I refer to that as a link-tree Face with Stuck-out Tongue On this page, it does seem a little bit cramped, but it's not so bad on other pages that don't contain polls. It's funny that you recommended that because last week I was debating whether or not I even wanted to add it there any more, so I never knew it was actually useful until you mentioned it. However, due to the layering system of this software, where I can actually place the link-tree is very limited because I cannot put it anywhere above the "Facebook Connect" link, but that area belongs to a second layer.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1294 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion