f
j
b
c
smithcarla275 smithcarla275
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
What are all the things you can test on a blood test?
I've been feeling very very tired for the past year and I seem healthy and I am eating right and am 20 years old. I want to do a blood test to check for iron deficiency, anemia and diabetis.
is there anything else I should check for?
What do I tell the doc- do I say I want a red blood count tested (for anemia) and what gets tested for diabetis?
Read 467 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
oby
wrote...
12 years ago
The Dr will know what to test for. They will check iron levels and Hb levels. If you aren't peeing all the time, really thirsty and losing weight, amongst other things, then you probably don't have diabetes, but you can be asked to be tested. You will probably have to do a fasting blood test.
wrote...
12 years ago
why dont u just tell the doc what u've written here? i think it just covers about everything that the doc should know. good luck Slight Smile
wrote...
12 years ago
Let your doctor decide which blood tests are appropriate; he'll determine this based upon your symptoms, complaints and anything physical he might find (such as swollen lymph nodes or yellowing of the skin and eyes). You're young and could be feeling unwell or tired for any number of reasons... Your doctor will want to know if you've lost weight, if you've been running a fever, have any strange knots or bruises, burning upon urination, menstrual cycles... The list goes on. He's likely to check you for mono as well.
wrote...
12 years ago
hey!

blood tests are usually the common means to diagonise a lot of defficiencies and diseases in the human body.
why? cus blood is the only travelling fluid which reaches evert part of ur body as well as the only means through which all the waste secreted by all the organs are being transported.

usually , blood tests should be a routine in ur health check calendar.i.e u need to get it done at proper intervals of time to know how healthy u are.
  a blood test, usually gives u the heamoglobin count, which if within the required range shows u are healthy, otherwise u are aneamic or hyper active!
          u can test ur hormone level also thro ur blood test, the TC4 count,
          as for info if ur diabetic or not...u need to check the sugar level in ur blood and urine.

all u ask ur doc is u need a blood test to show u are healthy!

all the best!
wrote...
12 years ago
check your "free t3 ,t4 & tsh..... might be thyroid related
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1044 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 261