y
t
h
l
tomcatusa1 tomcatusa1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
How much homework is there for each, and how are the tests? I dont know whether i should change from AP biology back to chemistry or stay with the 2 APs. If i take chemistry this year, i will have to take AP bio junior year, and i dont know how that will work out with other AP classes. Any personal experiences will help, as well as what colleges say about each class. Thanks so much! You guys are amazing Slight Smile
Read 674 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
If I were you I would take AP bio junior year and stick with chemistry your sophomore year. Thats what i did, and i just took AP bio with 3 other AP's my junior year. taking two very hard ap's your sophomore year will be VERY difficult, just build up your schedule next year. and im surprised you take ap us history your sophomore year, i took that junior year.
wrote...
11 years ago
Well ask yourself: did you have good grades this year? Were they all As? Do you have a lot of stuff going on after school? Can you put enough effort into the class so your grades don't suffer?

I'm taking AP world history and AP chemistry this coming year. I know I can do it because I know I will pay attention, I quit my dance company so I'll have a lot more time on my hands, and I'm willing to do the work.

If you think YOU can handle it, you will be fine. I heard these classes were both pretty hard though, so you better read your book outside of school and go to tutoring when you have questions. Haha its not nerdy, either- it's smart.
wrote...
11 years ago
AP chemistry is harder than both bio and US history. I took APUSH junior year and it required a lot of work (reading, writing essays, and studying) but I wouldn't called it "hard" since there really aren't any difficult concepts, just a lot of memorization and work. AP Chemistry is one of the hardest science APs. I took it as a senior and it was pretty hard but I got a 5 on the test. AP Chemistry generally requires a regular (or preferably honors) chem course as a prerequisite. As far as taking 2 APs a year - it's really not hard if you manage your time. I took 2 as a junior and 3 as a senior and they all went very well.
wrote...
11 years ago
I took both of those classes last year as a sophomore in addition to AP English Language, Pre-AP Chemistry, and Pre-AP Math Analysis (precalculus). It really was not bad at all. In my bio class, we had hardly any homework and the tests weren't all that difficult in my opinion. My teacher had a PhD in botany, and still the plant tests weren't all that brutal... APUSH was not bad either. Most people in my class groaned that we had sooo much homework, when in reality, it was not that bad. The tests were pretty easy too, all memorization.

Oh and on a lighter note, I made a 5 on my AP bio exam, a 5 on English, and a 3 on History, so it's not too much to handle.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  878 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 146