a
t
i
r
$abood$ $abood$
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
i have o negative and my husband with A positive blood groups. will i face  any problem with pregnancy?
Read 1230 times
9 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
no. it will only play a role in your child's blood type
wrote...
11 years ago
Yes vital chance s there but not for first child i hope!!!
wrote...
11 years ago
your child would be most likely to inherit blood type A or AB. Should be no problems in pregnancy
wrote...
11 years ago
no you wont.
wrote...
11 years ago
It may, looking at your Rhesus factors.

If your firstborn child has positive blood, your body may start to produce antibodies to rhesus positive blood. If a second child is also rhesus positive, your immune system may attack the child as a foreign body, which could lead to severe anaemia in the child, among other things.

Every time you have a child, you should get checked for rhesus positive antibodies; if they occur, treatment is available to prevent difficulties in later pregnancies.

A, B and O blood types don't seem to pose problems during pregnancy.
wrote...
11 years ago
This will cause problems in your pregnancy if the baby had positive blood, as yours is negative, and the baby has a chance of having positive blood because of the father.
There are precautions taken though to ensure the safety of mother and baby.
It's explained in this link.
wrote...
11 years ago
For the first pregnancy, there will be no problems.  However, after that, your body will start to develop antibodies to attack 'foreign' (i.e. postive) blood in future, so you need to have anti D injection after birth or bleeding
wrote...
11 years ago
As others have stated, Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn (HDN) from the development of anti-D antibodies secondary to sensitization of Rh positive red cells is a potential concern on any subsequent pregnancies.  HDN due to to naturally-occurring ABO antibodies is possible on the first pregnancy, especially if the mother has significant levels of anti-A or Anti-B antibodies of the IgG type (IgG can cross the placenta into fetal circulation) directed against fetal red cell antigens. However, this is a very rare situation and should not cause you any concern.  Your OB/GYN will monitor your child's development and administer RhoGam as needed to prevent Rh sensitization.

Good luck with your pregnancy.
Answer accepted by topic starter
datoledo88datoledo88
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 400 words.