t
S
m
s
new-york-er new-york-er
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
An intramuscular dose of antipsychotic medication needs to be administered to a patient who is becoming increasingly more aggressive and refused to leave the dayroom. The nurse should enter the day room:
a.   and say, "Would you like to come to your room and take some medication your health care provider prescribed for you?"
b.   accompanied by 3 staff members and say, "Please come to your room so I can give you some medication that will help you regain control."
c.   and place the patient in a basket-hold and then say, "I am going to take you to your room to give you an injection of medication to calm you."
d.   accompanied by a male security guard and tell the patient, "Come to your room willingly so I can give you this medication, or the guard and I will take you there."
Textbook 
Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 255 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
espresoespreso
wrote...
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here