a
t
i
r
new-york-er new-york-er
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
A wife believes her husband is having an affair.  Lately, he has been disinterested in romance and working late. The husband has an important, demanding project at work. The mother asks her teen, "What have you noticed about your father?"  The teen later mentions this to the father, who says, "Tell your mother that I can't deal with her insecurities right now."  Family therapy should focus on:  (select all that apply)
a.   identifying and reducing the cognitive distortion in each parent's perceptions.
b.   confronting the family with the need for honest, direct, assertive communication.
c.   helping the parents find ways to cope more effectively with their stress and fears.
d.   supporting the teen to redirect the parents when they try to communicate through her.
e.   convincing the mother that her fear of an affair is due to her own insecurities and unfounded.
f.   helping the husband understand how others might misinterpret the changes in his behavior.
Textbook 
Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Varcarolis' Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 187 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
espresoespreso
wrote...
Top Poster
8 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here
This verified answer contains over 110 words.