a
t
i
r
0.00 0.00
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
In my AP Biology class, we are doing a lab where we perform an absorbance test and a fluorescence test on two flowers we crushed (one yellow and one reddish-pink). We need a research question for the lab; we weren't able to come up with anything before we had to start. Here's the procedure, in case it helps:

1. Turn on the spectrometer and go to a new data file on logger pro. Make sure to have three cuvettes prepared.
2. Take the two plants and measure out .5 grams of each and either rip or cut the piece.
3. Take two tubes and two pestles, then put one of the plant samples and put it in one and the other plant sample in the other.
4. Pick up two beakers and two funnels with strainers. Put in each beaker 25 mL of 70% ethanol.
5. After the plant samples are grounded put them in the beakers.
6. Let that sit for 5-10 minutes based on the time period. Then strain both into a different beaker.
7. Put 3/4 of 70% ethanol in one cuvette and 3/4 of each plant sample in the other two cuvettes.
8. Put each through the fluorescence test. Make sure to calibrate the spectrometer before hand.
9.Then set on the "blank" in the spectrometer and record. Make sure to save the picture. And do this for the rest of samples.

Thank you! I'm a little desperate...
Read 291 times
1 Reply