× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
Nilas Nilas
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 years ago
Which of the following is most likely to be studied in a naturalistic setting?

The evaluation of the effectiveness of a new tutoring program at the University of Nebraska

The effect of Thorazine (an anti-psychotic medication) on non-psychotic individuals

The effects of alcohol on the mathematical ability of college freshman

The type of neurotransmitter released during stress
Read 891 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
8 years ago
Hi there!
As you may already know, naturalistic observation (taking place in naturalistic settings) is a method of observation used by psychologists and social/behavioral scientists that involves observing subjects in their natural habitats. Researchers try to avoid making interferences with the behavior they are observing by using unobtrusive methods. When using Naturalistic Observation, the researcher observes the studied behavior in its natural setting without attempting to influence or control it. Therefore, the studies are often conducted in places like streets, homes, and schools. Laboratory studies are uncommon for this method because the lab setting could cause the participants to act differently when they know they are being studied (i.e. bias).
The evaluation of the effectiveness of a new tutoring program (answer choice a) seems most likely to be studied in a naturalistic setting. Students would normally be at the University, which is a classic naturalistic setting for observation of how they respond, interact, and learn from the new tutoring program.
I hope this information is helpful to you! Good luck with your assignment. :
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  853 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741