e
s
s
e
daveull daveull
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Just want to know if the hazel eyes are a dominant trait or a recessive trait.
That is, are hazel eyes like dark eyes or like light eyes? do they lack pigmentation or not? how does the genetics on this works if possible. thanks
Read 2134 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
They are recessive.  It is a combination of blue and green.
Brown is dominant.  Blue is dominant.

My father was brown, my mother's are blue.
wrote...
12 years ago
looking at the first answer, hazel are actually more commonly a combination of brown and green. blue and green is considered hazel though.

that being said, it likely depends on the specific eye color, depending if there is more green, brown, or blue. brown is generally dominant over other colors.

it also would depend on the combination of the parent's eye colors.
 - if one had dark brown and the othr has a light hazel, i think the brown would be dominant
 - if they had hazel and blue, the hazel could be dominant.

mine, for example, are a medium brown in the center (around the pupil) and a medium-dark green adound that, and the outer ring is a veryy dark green (people sometimes think it is black)

mine are a combination of these: its the first one, but with the dark ring like the second one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mixed_eye_color.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Iris_centralheterochromy.jpg

my dad has very dark brown eyes, and my mom has blue-grey eyes.
where did i get hazel? i have the same as my grandma from my dads side, and my grandma from my moms side had green eyes.

following the recessive and dominant rules, i shouldve got brown eyes, but genetics arent set to an exact guideline.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  979 People Browsing
 119 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 231

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?