t
i
r
r
territa territa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I often see a split answer on this, but should they be? Don't get me wrong, being a doctor has got to be one of the hardest and most important professions there is. However, science in terms of professional research revolves around falsifying hypotheses through experiments which leads to innovation. Rather, M.D.'s must follow set protocols and diagnose patients based previous research that has been shown to work through experiments in the lab. After all, being "creative" and testing something out when a patient is dying is not the best decision? Here is a link discussing this.

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/328/7454/0-h
Read 857 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
No they never will be but, they make more money then medical scientists, how ever you can right medical articles as a md
wrote...
11 years ago
there you go. you just answered your own da** question. CHEERS!
wrote...
11 years ago
Most of us who work in the community are not scientists. But our training is such that we should be able to discriminate between science and popular belief. Some of us may opt to participate in clinical trials but the required informed consent and data collection are very time consuming. And the research protocol itself is designed by someone else, someone who could be termed a scientist.

The same applies to many medical TV commentators. They excel at communicating the essence of recent medical discoveries, and most of them mention the caveats, too. A few MD commentators in the popular media border on the edge of science and hearsay. This is pseudo-science.

But when they interview a guy like Dr. Anthony Fauci, perk up your ears and turn on the TiVo. He's the genuine article.

The British Medical Journal article was well stated. The community physician relies heavily on the expertise of the editorial committee to assure that the conclusions of a research article are valid.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1248 People Browsing
 122 Signed Up Today
Related Images