f
j
b
c
robbcfd robbcfd
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
My period got out of routine recently and now it is always unreliable as to when it will start. I liked when I knew almost down to the day to when it would start. I want to get on a low dose pill for a month or two just to stabablize my period but I am unsure of what to ask the doctor for? Also IAre there any generic forms of birth control available?
Read 512 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
going on the pill for a short period won't help when you come off it. You need to stay on the pill to keep your periods stable.

the right pill for you depends on many factors but the doctor will help.
wrote...
11 years ago
I think it's a very bad idea to mess around with artificial hormones. You are far better to simply let nature take its course, and learn to live with your natural cycles, instead of inflicting an artificial one on yourself.
wrote...
11 years ago
Going on the pill for a short amount of time will not help stabilize your period. You need to be on it consistently, especially since it can take a few weeks to even a few months for your body to adjust to the pill.

You can speak to your doctor about your concerns, but ultimately they'll know if it's the best decision for you. The type of pill you should be on depends on your current lifestyle and your medical history to make sure that it's right for you. There are a ton of generic forms of birth control often sold under different name brands through prescription.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1101 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 302