H
a
c
k
linnylaw linnylaw
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I don't need sleeping pills on a regular basis, but every now and then I'll have a few nights to a week of inability to fall asleep (it takes more than an hour) and then I'll wake up just a few hours later.

I have heard that Lunesta is strong and sometimes has lingering drowsiness the next day.

Does anyone know of a good, super low dose Rx sleeping pill I could talk to my doctor about?

Unisom, etc. are not effective past the 1st night when I experience these bouts of insomnia.
Read 703 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Ambien works well for me. Didnt leave me drowsy in the morning and helped me fall asleep FAST!
wrote...
11 years ago
You can try Ambien, which is a nonbenzodiazepine drug with a short half-life or Rozerem, which works much like melatonin and is nonaddicting.
ASJ
wrote...
11 years ago
Have you tried running or exercise at night?  that helps me.  Or even one of those weird sleeping CD's that makes the sounds your head would normally make.  I've tried that and it works quite well.
wrote...
11 years ago
I usually recommend ambien as far as prescriptions are concerned, but i forgot about rozarem, that has worked best for me in the past.

benadryl is also good for an otc alternative, and works very well.

melatonin is a good natural alternative, other than that and illegal drugs i cant think of any herbal remedies that can actually help you sleep as good as the other recommendations, most of them simply help you relax, which may help you glide off to sleep but they dont 'force' you to like some of the other medicines.
wrote...
11 years ago
Normorson is the best I have found. No side affects and I wake up  feeling really  refreshed. Lately I have been trying a natural herb one called "sleep easy" and it has been really good too. I cut down on coffee of a night and take a tablet about an hour before I go to bed. Having a hot chocolate drink with the tablet helps too.
wrote...
11 years ago
Try a Valerian root tincture, as youll sleep, and it will help with the nerves a lot.
wrote...
11 years ago
I use Benedril capsules. I sleep great and am not drowsy in the morning. You can get in 25mg capsules.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1353 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 262