a
t
i
r
nini07 nini07
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
Did you know that in a gay or lesbian family; children are no more likely to become homosexual than are children of heterosexual families?
Read 2044 times
8 Replies
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE

Related Topics

Replies
DJ
wrote...
12 years ago
Purely disagree because I believe that studies that show this relationship are far too new to come up with any rational findings. If you think about it, the whole gay/lesbian acceptance thing is still new all across the world; it wasn't until like 10 years ago, let's be honest here, that their marriages became legal. So say in 2001, the first gay marriage was legalized in the US. Before then, in order to adapt a kid, you would need a mother and a father. Shortly after its legalization, let's say a gay couple adapted a kid (a baby). Fast-forward to 2011, the baby would now be 10 years old and a 10 year old still doesn't have a good understanding of themselves and their sexuality. To simulate such results, you would have to look at a study that looks at the trends over several generations (like more than 3 generations of purely gay family trees).

So I think this is a myth.

Also, on a personal note, if you were gay, you are more likely to set an example to your child that's oriented towards the gay lifestyle. Kid sees his dad smoking, the kid will want to put something in their mouth and mimic dad. Kid sees his dads kissing, the kid will want to kiss his best friend. Sounds absurd, but that's how humans are built - and animals - monkey see monkey do. Simple.
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
My reference was brodribb's Intrductory pediatric Nursing my NANCY HATFIELD 7th edition. CHAPTER 2. This is a new textbook and this is what statistics show! I disagree but statistics show otherwise.
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
DJ, you raise some strong points there; I would love to see how anyone could counter your presumption. Nini, sometimes textbooks come up with the craziest facts, and often times they are either untrue or even exaggerated. You would really have to study the psychology, like DJ hinted on, of a child living in such an environment, and typically you'll find that the parents will emphasize that homosexuality is normal - even though naturally, in order to procreate, you need both sexes - in humans, especially.
wrote...
12 years ago
I would agree with this fact.  All the studies I have seen and my personal experience knowing many gay parents, their children are rarely gay.  They grow up in the same culture we do seeing males pairing up with females in school, in the majority of their family members, and in the media.  For them it is still normal to be heterosexual, its just not as taboo to be homosexual. 

If we go back a couple decades homosexuality was hidden and there were next to no openly gay parents (most "gay" parents were married heterosexually and living a lie).  Yet we still had plenty of gay people.  They didn't need a mentor or something.

Lastly, all the research I have seen indicates homosexuality is linked to genetics and the conditions in the womb of hormones, etc.  So who raises you would have little impact upon such things.

wrote...
12 years ago
One negative for a child in a gay family is the tremendous amount of teasing he will suffer through in his youth
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
One negative for a child in a gay family is the tremendous amount of teasing he will suffer through in his youth
I agree Slight Smile
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
their children are rarely gay

That's a blatant lie and I don't agree with it whatsoever.

Lastly, all the research I have seen indicates homosexuality is linked to genetics and the conditions in the womb of hormones, etc.  So who raises you would have little impact upon such things

Could you please show me those studies? We're on a science board here so there is no room for assumptions.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
I'm curious about this too, could you provide some hard-wired evidence?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1354 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?