a
t
i
r
lexiieeex3 lexiieeex3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
i am very interested in blood typing and it might be my future. what doctors do blood transfusing and what type to blood typing
Read 1215 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Pathology and laboratory medicine
wrote...
11 years ago
By definition, a hematologist is someone who studies blood.

(This is also spelled "haematologist" in countries that prefer the British-style spelling.)
wrote...
11 years ago
Any physician can order a type & cross, irrespective of their specialty when they feel a transfusion is indicated, it's not rocket science, it's a matter of simply monitoring the vital signs and H/H.

The blood bank will do the type and cross and issue as many units as the ordering physician requests.
wrote...
11 years ago
Phlebotomists draw blood and test it!
wrote...
11 years ago
pathologists or more specifically haemotologists  are responsible for this
wrote...
11 years ago
Doctors almost never do blood typing. I work in a major trauma and transplant center where our blood bank does approx 20,000 type and screens / year, of that number I would guess 19,999 were done by lab techs.
wrote...
11 years ago
All doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals- no matter the field- will deal with patients who are in need of blood products. Lab/patho with do a type and screen but it is actually the nurses who administer blood.
wrote...
11 years ago
hello!Professionals who do blood typing are medical technologist or laboratory technicians...they are not doctors. Doctors are the one ordering the transfusion n order for crossmatching. All doctors can order it but the one who performs the test are not them.
wrote...
11 years ago
Any doctor can order a Type and Crossmatch and give orders to transfuse a patient.  Hematologists are doctors that deal with various blood disorders - leukemia, anemia, various cancers.  Unfortunately, in my experience, many doctors haven't a clue what is involved with doing a type and crossmatch on a patient -- especailly patients with antibodies or other blood banking issues....  Medical Technologists are the people responsible for doing the actual work to type a patient and find compatible blood that is "safe" to transfuse into a patient....  It is a great job, but can be quite stressful at times.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1326 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372