t
i
r
r
smorgan6616 smorgan6616
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I need help, I do good in everything that has rules, however stoichiometry seems to not have any rules, just skill in manipulating your given units, so this is really hurting me. If anyone can shed light on any good rules they know, that would be very helpfull.
Read 413 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Let me just tell you that units are your friend, seriously... When I was in college, I had a professor that taught me how to solve any stoichiometry problem no matter how hard it looked.  So let me give you some hints on what she taught me...

1) Always think about what you start with and where you are trying to go with it.

2) When you set up an equation, make sure the units you don't want cancel out.... (I will show an example with no numbers so it might make more sense)

Ex. Grams A x Moles A / Grams A x Moles B / Moles A x Grams B / Moles B = Grams B

***Note: This is extremely hard to show on here so I would suggest writing this down on a piece of paper and instead of using the division sign use fractions.  You will notice that everything cancels except for the units that you want.

Hopefully this will help you.  Sometimes the numbers get a bit scary... so just step back and do the units first to see where you are starting and where you are trying to go and then put in the numbers.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1275 People Browsing
 124 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372