× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
bufi bufi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I know they can't run more than two times consecutively but if the terms are separated by a different president than can he run for a third time?Also consider an Obama/Bill Clinton ticket in 2012! That would be tough to beat.
Read 945 times
17 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
no
wrote...
11 years ago
No.  He is only limited to 2 terms
wrote...
11 years ago
Chrissy Mathews is advertising him as "President of the WORLD" this week BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AAAA
Chrissy has a new tingle.
wrote...
11 years ago
Nope the maximum anyone can serve as president is 10 years.  Since he has 8 years already he couldnt do a 4 year term.  The 10 years allows for people who took over for a president while being a vice president.  As long as they took over with 2 or less years they would still be elgible to be elected for two more terms.
wrote...
11 years ago
No - he has served two full terms as President (it is not a matter of consecutive - it is a limit of two terms) and so is ineligible to be President. As the VP needs to be able to take on the Presidency in the case of the President's death, the same eligibility rules apply.
wrote...
11 years ago
Bill Clinton cannot run for president again, however he COULD be VP. An Obama/ Bill Clinton ticket would be amazing.
wrote...
11 years ago
The best thing would be a Clinton/CLinton Ticket.
wrote...
11 years ago
I miss the Clinton economy too, and paid down deficit.

Get over it.
wrote...
11 years ago
A President can not be elected twice in total, it doesn't matter whether it was consecutive. People not elegible for President can't be Vice President either.

On the other hand, he's free to be a cabinet member, senator, or any other political position. Presidents rarely go back to a lower position, but it's possible and it has happened.
wrote...
11 years ago
A Obama/Clinton ticket Bill or Hillary would be hard to beat. I am just not sure any Clinton wants to be second if they don't have to.

I don't think Bill want to be president, they are calling him president of the world, the good ambassador and so on, I couldn't imagine him wanting anything better.
Now Bill can be called all of those things have all that respect and make tons of money, no one in there right mind would want the task of vice president when he has all that.
wrote...
11 years ago
Bill can't run and serve as President. It is doubtful that he would be qualified as Vice-President since in the case the President couldn't serve, he would become President. However, to answer your question, an Obama-Clinton ticket would lead to a landslide of historic proportions. Out of interest, I would very much enjoy a Palin-Hillary debate. Hillary would be totally cut-throat and go for the jugular. No winks to the audience from Sarah would work in this one.
wrote...
11 years ago
Nope

Two terms is the limit, consecutive or not
wrote...
11 years ago
I think America would implode and cease to exist if that happened.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1196 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?