k
y
t
h
l
Jendo Jendo
wrote...
8 years ago
The certified diabetes educator (CDE) has encouraged a patient with metabolic syndrome who experienced hyperglycemia during hospitalization to attend outpatient diabetes education classes. The patient asks why the classes are needed if diabetes is not a health problem. What is the nurse's best response?
1. "The certified diabetes educator (CDE) saw that you had high blood sugars while in the ICU. I will let her know that you are not diabetic."
2. "You will learn about healthy diet, weight management, and exercise. This knowledge can delay the onset of type 2 diabetes."
3. "If you maintain a healthy diet, correct weight, and exercise you can delay the onset of type 2 diabetes."
4. "The class is only for those with diabetes. If you become diabetic you may attend the class."
Textbook 
Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing

Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing

Edition: 2nd
Authors:
Read 169 times
3 Replies
Majoring in Nursing, using Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
CanamericaCanamerica
wrote...
Top Poster
7 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here