a
t
i
r
ilikebigbutts ilikebigbutts
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Which of the following is consisten with this condition ?

a. high concentration of sodium in the urine
b. very low production of ADH
c. high production of aldosterone
d. high production of angiotensin II
Read 524 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Simple logic.

D can't be right. High Angiotensin II leads to water retention, so less urine.

C can't be right. Aldosterone serves as a sodium retainer, so if it were high, the sodium would be retained and urine volume would be low.

A again has to be wrong. A concentrated urine would be by necessity very low volume.

That leaves B, which makes sense. ADH is a water retainer.
wrote...
11 years ago
Well, IDDM is complicated. Say... you eat sugar... it goes into you... your body uses insulin to bring the sugar into the tissues for energy. Without insulin, the sugar builds up in the blood, thus increasing glucose. While waiting for insulin, the body starts breaking down fat for energy. This breakdown of fat causes an increase in other things... keytones I believe. Not sure. Fuzzy on the terms. The brain runs solely on glucose so without insulin you'll go into a coma. So I would say... no on A, B, C, and I think it's D. Can't remember though.
wrote...
11 years ago
The answer is B.  Many conditions which affect the neurohypophysis (injury, mass effect, vascular lesions, etc.) will lead to DI and result in a reduction in vasopressin production.
wrote...
11 years ago
B
wrote...
11 years ago
Na in urine is low and so is specific gravity
ADH is low
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1288 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion