a
t
i
r
youngk721 youngk721
wrote...
12 years ago
ELECTRICAL STIMULATION

3. Explain how the PhysioEx experimental muscle stimulation differs from the in vivo stimulation via the nervous system.

4. what are the two experimental ways in which mode of stimulation can affect the muscle force? Explain

ISOMETRIC CONTRACTION

6. An increase in resting length results in an (increase/ decrease) in passive force

-The active force initially (increased/ decreased) and then (increased/ decreased) as the resting length was increased from minimum to maximum

-As the total force increased, the active force (increased/ decreased)

7. Explain what  happens to muscle force production at extremes of length (too short or too long)
-Muscle too short:
-Muscle too long:

ISOTONIC CONTRACTION

-Assuming a fixed starting length, describe the effect resistence has on the initial velocity of shortening, and explain why it has this effect.

-A muscle has just been stimulated under conditions that will allow both isometric and isotonic contractions. DEscribe what is happening in terms of length and force.
--isometric:
--isotonic
Read 8378 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
youngk721 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
I was using physioEx 8.0 but my computer crashed so now I have no data, and am in drier need of assistance for these last questions
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
ISOMETRIC CONTRACTION

6. An increase in resting length results in an (increase/ decrease) in passive force

-The active force initially (increased/ decreased) and then (increased/ decreased) as the resting length was increased from minimum to maximum

-As the total force increased, the active force (increased/ decreased)

7. Explain what  happens to muscle force production at extremes of length (too short or too long)
-Muscle too short:
-Muscle too long:

The most active force was generated at muscle length = 70 to 80 mm. At muscle length = 90 mm. At muscle length = 80 mm. At muscle length = 90 mm, the muscle was being stretched too far for the actin and myosin in the sarcomere to fully interact, so active force decreased, thus decreasing the total force. The muscle length.
iamunique
Jay
wrote...
12 years ago
-Q: A muscle has just been stimulated under conditions that will allow both isometric and isotonic contractions. DEscribe what is happening in terms of length and force.

A: --isometric: muscle length doesn't change regardless of the amount of force generated by the muscle
--isotonic: as the muscle length changes, the force produced stays the same
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1210 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370