s
a
t
i
r
miguel miguel
wrote...
11 years ago
I am collecting all the things i need for med school i want graduated cylinder because in medical they measure mostly in mL so yeah. What do you say?
Read 607 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Your tuition should cover lab ware.  I do not think you will need to buy lab ware such as graduated cylinders, flasks, beakers, funnels, volumetric pipettes, etc.

Besides, most schools get their lab ware from a specific supplier, like Fisher Scientific or VWR Scientific, and because they order a lot of the supplies, they get them at a cheaper price, therefore it is better for them to buy them and not each student buy them on their own.

Also of course you have your Class A and Class B type lab ware, but even besides that, some schools prefer that all students use the same brand (even though all Class A are supposed to meet the same standards) some people feel that Pyrex brand is better than VWR brand or Fisherbrand, etc.)
wrote...
11 years ago
It would be very unlikely that you would need your own graduated cylinder or any other equipment like that to start medical school. Labs will have equipment you need and things like drugs are either pre-prepared or measured using sterile syringes.
If you have your heart set on one or have the oppurtunity to steal one I say go for it though!!
wrote...
11 years ago
Most likely Lab will be equipped. So no need to buy or carry cylinder, pipette, beaker etc.
You can ask your school if they want you to buy it. Unless you might just spent some money unnecessarily.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1203 People Browsing
 103 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?