a
t
i
r
cwickeyz cwickeyz
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, cwickeyz
I know there was a post about this and I read on the post but it was rather confusing due to answers being all in the wrong order and I could not open the attachment because I am a new member, so I am reposting and hoping "duddy" would answer this one more time. Thank you for your help!

Need a little help on PhysioEx 9.0, Exercises 8, Chemical and physical processes of digestion

The following questions refer to Activity 2: Exploring Amylase Substrate Specificity.

1. Describe why the results in tube 1 and tube 2 are the same.
2. Describe the result in tube 3. How well did the results compare with your prediction?
3. Describe the usual substrate for peptidase.
4. Explain how bacteria can aid in digestion.

The following questions refer to Activity 3: Assessing Pepsin Digestion of Protein.

1. Describe the effect that boiling had on pepsin and how you could tell that it had that effect.
2. Was your prediction correct aboutthe optimal pH for pepsin activity? Discuss the physiological correlation behind your results.
3. What do you think would happen if you reduced the incubation time to 30 minutes for tube 5?

The following questions refer to Activity 4: Assessing Lipase Digestion of Fat.
1. Describe the activity of lipase with and without the addition of bile salts. Refer to Chart 4 for pH values.
2. Is the activity of bile a chemical or a physical process? Explain.
3. What pH resulted in the maximum pancreatic lipase activity? How does this optimal pH correlate to the enzyme's location in the body?
4. Explain whether or not we can determine fat hydrolysis in tube 5. Why or why not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Post Merge: 11 years ago

Alright so I answered some of them already, I just need Activity 2, questions 1 and 2, and activity 4, questions 3 and 4, thank you again!
Read 3035 times
3 Replies