j
l
d
y
Nyjt400ex Nyjt400ex
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I would really appreciate it if you could please help me with this question. Thank you.
Read 685 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
In oesophagus(spell it correctly) a passage is provided for the movement of food from mouth to stomach. In duodenum, there is link between stomach and intestine. So I think they are quite similar as they both are links....
wrote...
12 years ago
You could just Google this and get the answers.

But the esophagus is the tube leading from your mouth to your stomach, so the food gets pushed down into your stomach from it.

The duodenum is part of the intestine, so the nutrients and water get absorbed there.
wrote...
12 years ago
You can get the full details in wikipedia .org
Food is passed through the esophagus by using the process of peristalsis. Specifically, in mammals, it connects the pharynx, which is the body cavity that is common to the digestive system and respiratory system behind the mouth (buccal cavity), with the stomach, where the second stage of digestion is initiated (the first stage of digestion is in the mouth, with teeth and tongue masticating food and mixing it with saliva).

The esophagus is lined with mucous membrane, and is more deeply lined with muscle that acts with peristaltic action to move swallowed food down to the stomach.

The duodenum is largely responsible for the breakdown of food in the small intestine. Brunner's glands, which secrete mucus, are found in the duodenum. The duodenum wall is composed of a very thin layer of cells that form the muscularis mucosae. The duodenum is almost entirely retroperitoneal. The pH in the duodenum is approximately nine (slightly basic).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1234 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 447

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?