c
l
e
s
ilikelamp ilikelamp
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
11 years ago
in physics class we r now learning about projectile motion. i understood everything in that class till now. IDK Y but for some reason, i don't get it. mayb it's b/c of how i'm being taught. so i was wondering if u knew anything about projectile motion. thnx in advance
Read 351 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
There is quite a bit to projectile motion. It is a form of two (or three) dimensional motion, and all the kinematics equations you used for1-dimensional motion, applies to projectile motion as well.

Remember that you'll need to find the horizontal and vertical components of the velocity for the projectile. If the angle is measured (say above the horizontal, positive x axis) then the horizontal initial velocity component would be v?cos? and the vertical component would be v?sin?. If the initial and final vertical positions of the projectile are different (i.e., the projectile lands higher or lower than it was launched from), then this difference is ?y.

Keep in mind too, that the velocity horizontally (neglecting air resistance and other forces) remains constant.because it is non accelerated (gravity does not act horizontally).

Hope this helps.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1121 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 365