d
l
a
s
buyhesitestba buyhesitestba
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I am currently working on a generator project. I am using a motor to turn an alternator to produce electricity. I have hooked the pulley on the motor to the pulley on the alternator with a belt. I am fairly sure the alternator is spinning fast enough to produce electricity because the motor is spinning between 1000-3000 rpms. I then have attached the alternator to a 12V car battery (to energize the electromagnet in the alternator).
I am trying to measure the amount of electricity produced by the alternator with a multimeter. I have tried several times to attach the multimeter to the alternator but I keep getting the reading of 12.67V which is the charge of the battery. I cannot figure out how to attach the multimeter to the alternator to get an accurate reading of the electricity produced by the alternator. Diagrams or pictures of how to wire this would be very helpful. Also does anyone know other ways to test voltage of an alternator?  Does anyone know of other alternator projects?
Read 751 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
There should be a regulator which will control the field which regulates the voltage out. I don't have any paper work but check with your local auto mechanic.
Answer accepted by topic starter
butterpecanbutterpecan
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 130 words.