t
i
r
r
veruska veruska
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
1.   What is meant by the notion of an optimistic set point and what is its significance?
Read 1761 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
11 years ago
What textbook is this question coming from?
wrote...
11 years ago
Its from Mastering the world of psychology
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
11 years ago
Not sure if this helps, but after doing a search in the forum, I found this thread: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=21996.0;highlight=set%20point

let me know if it helps.
veruska Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Because with an optimism, help us focus on the positive side of life, our emotions states, avoiding the negative ones.  This area is important for helping people to focus on their strength, and positive   outlook of life, and not on the weakness. This notion  enable us to  focus on applying and modifying the copying strategies that have worked well for us in the past to new challenges, while the negativism will put our attention on our problems. The optimistic will provide with important tips to maintain a positive outlook.

Post Merge: 11 years ago

Because with an optimism, help us focus on the positive side of life, our emotions states, avoiding the negative ones.  This area is important for helping people to focus on their strength, and positive   outlook of life, and not on the weakness. This notion  enable us to  focus on applying and modifying the copying strategies that have worked well for us in the past to new challenges, while the negativism will put our attention on our problems. The optimistic will provide with important tips to maintain a positive outlook.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1174 People Browsing
 124 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion