× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
smkt025 smkt025
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
now i have left hip pain and can barely walk unless i take extra strength tylenol. I heard of a condition called aspetic necrosis..(bone death ) caused from the prednisone..this scares me ..anyone else here ever take prednisone and run into hip problems and if so what happened and how was it fixed? thank you. p.s i am 32 years old.
Read 502 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I've been on Prednisone several times, but never for more than 3-6 weeks. Time to get a second opinion.
wrote...
11 years ago
Talk to your doctor as soon as possible.  I have heard of the condition before.  I was on heavy doses of prednisone ( 70 mg/day ) for four years and never had hip or joint problems, it about drove me crazy mentally though.  My doctor was finally able to wean me off of it when my condition changed ( sarcoicosis ).  Talk to your doctor asap, Good Luck.
wrote...
11 years ago
I've been taking prednisone for quite a while for my rheumatoid arthritis.  It helps with the pain a lot, but after taking it for a period of time, you body may build an immunity to it.  Try taking aleve for a few weeks, then switch back to prednisone.  Aleves active ingredient is Naproxen.  It's an anti inflamatory that works well with any kind of joint or bone pain.  after that, switch back.  You won't want to increase your dose of prednisone without your doctors consent.  If I were you though, ask your doctor if there is anything else that you can take instead of prednisone.  As I said before, it works great for pain, but there are a lot of side affects that can be associated with it such as moonface, necrosis, and even diabetes.  
P.S. Its not going to be easy to ween you off that stuff though.  You cant suddenly quit taking it.  If you do, you may experience flare ups with your pain.  Ask your doctor for information on how to get off it.
wrote...
11 years ago
It's best to see your doctor.  long-term steroid/Prednisone use can hide other health problems and weaken your immune system.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1089 People Browsing
Related Images