× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
glorystoper glorystoper
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Hi,

Does anyone have a soft copy of the Mol Bio of the Cell questions and answers Book?
I couldn't find the fullversion it in the web.

I have an exam in a couple of days..!
#lastdaypreparation
Source  Molecular Biology of the cell
Read 1387 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Something like this maybe?

Questions

1-1   Your friend studies the SARS virus and tells you that the SARS virus packages its genetic material as a positive-strand single-stranded RNA. A positive-strand RNA is an RNA molecule that can serve as a translatable template to produce protein. Given what you know about the production of nucleic acids in cells, would you expect that the positive-strand RNA molecule could be used as a template to produce other positive-strand RNA molecules, or would you expect that another nucleic acid intermediary would have to be produced first? Explain.

1-1   Your friend studies the SARS virus and tells you that the SARS virus packages its genetic material as a positive-strand single-stranded RNA. A positive-strand RNA is an RNA molecule that can serve as a translatable template to produce protein. Given what you know about the production of nucleic acids in cells, would you expect that the positive-strand RNA molecule could be used as a template to produce other positive-strand RNA molecules, or would you expect that another nucleic acid intermediary would have to be produced first? Explain.

1-2   You are interested in studying HIV. On reading the literature, you learn that the genetic information for the HIV virus is a single-stranded RNA molecule. Given what you know about the properties of nucleic acids, would you expect the ratios of purines to pyrimidine bases in the HIV viral RNA to be the same as the ratio found in the hereditary information of all living cells? Explain.

1-2   You are interested in studying HIV. On reading the literature, you learn that the genetic information for the HIV virus is a single-stranded RNA molecule. Given what you know about the properties of nucleic acids, would you expect the ratios of purines to pyrimidine bases in the HIV viral RNA to be the same as the ratio found in the hereditary information of all living cells? Explain.

glorystoper Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Hi,

But what about the answers?
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Hi,

But what about the answers?

biobio, do you have the answers to those questions you posted?
wrote...
11 years ago
Hi,
Bio man, how do i get the Townsend Mental Health test bank? vicyke2003@yahoo.com
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Hi,
Bio man, how do i get the Townsend Mental Health test bank? vicyke2003@yahoo.com

How would I know?
Answer rejected by topic starter
wrote...
11 years ago
i'm sorry to border u, i tot u hav.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1305 People Browsing
Related Images