f
a
d
c
rjavier1 rjavier1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm designing a rear wing for a Nissan 370z and I'm wondering how to calculate the downforce since what I've got so far is only the top speed of the car, the air density, the area of the wing and no coefficient of lift.

so what do I need to do now? can I calculate the coefficient of lift instead by assuming the downforce? is that possible? and how can I know how much of downforce is needed?
one more detail, If the is it possible to calculate the lift coefficient when the coefficient of drag is provided?
Read 354 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The lift depends on the exact shape, the size, the angle, the temperature and density of the air, and is a complicated aerodynamic problem, which needs a good simulator program. Or a wind tunnel.

As to how much downforce is needed, usually none is needed.

wrote...
11 years ago
to calculate the downforce is precisely the motivation behind the fact that aerospace engineers spent months in their high-tech wind tunnel, and as if the complexity of the calculation is not enough, the result often depends on way too many factors to be explained in a textbook

but for your case...you shouldn't need any downforce at all...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  982 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 7
Closes: November 4