a
t
i
r
rkearl27 rkearl27
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
The circuit has one parallel (two resistors) and two other resistors in a series. If we found the current in every resistor, do you show that on the circuit diagram?

so basically my question is.. do you only put the A in one part of the diagram? or with each resistor? i'm just a little unclear.. and where do you put the voltmeter on the diagram?
Read 481 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
In a series circuit the current is the same in all places. In a parallel the current is different dependant on the potential diference and the resistor. I would say put one ampmeter in the series and two amps in both the parallel ones. i would actually have to look at the diagram. I'm not sure about the voltmetre sorry!
wrote...
11 years ago
put the ammeter anywhere along the circuit.

The voltmeter will have to be connected separately.
. . . . ___V___
. . . ./. . . .. . .\
--------|-----R----|---A---

The R represents a resistor.
V=voltmeter
A=ammeter

Do this for all resistors, connecting them appropriately.
Answer accepted by topic starter
fireflowerfireflower
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 100 words.