m
p
m
f
finnimores7 finnimores7
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
What is your opinion?  What credentials do you have?
Thank you so much for explaining this to me!
Read 564 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
1) No.

Earthquakes in volcanoes tend to happen in certain places because of the shifting of continental plates.  For example, many volcanoes and earthquakes like the one in Peru are caused by an ocean plate sliding under a continental plate.

In other words, one big earthquake does not cause another big earthquake somewhere else. Instead, they are two results of the same cause. A big word for that kind of relationship is
"epiphenomenal".

2) I have a Master of Arts in geography.
wrote...
11 years ago
On the News today they said there have been too many big earthquakes the past few days. The earthquake in peru just set off one in El Salvador and Peru is still having them. I have gone into the USGS web site to check on them everyday.
wrote...
11 years ago
No it won't. There are two different lithospheric plates which would have to be involved and fault movements are localized, not occurring over areas that large. The Plates involved in the Peru earthquake was the Nazca and South American Plate while an earthquake on the west coast would involve the North American Plate and the Pacific Plate.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  997 People Browsing
Related Images