f
a
d
c
icap26 icap26
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
A buddy of mine has recently started talking about how drinking pure water with little to no ions present is much better for your health. I looked around a little and found that drinking large amounts of pure water can be harmful as it can create a hypertonic enviorment. The question i have is, roughly how much pure water would you have to consume for this to occur?

TY for all help in advance  Smiling Face with Open Mouth
Read 553 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
11 years ago
The information I am providing were found there: http://blog.watershed.net/2008/06/03/why-purified-water-is-bad-for-you/

It says that drinking purified water on a regular, daily basis is potentially dangerous. So if one day you decide to drink 2 L of pure water I guess you wouldn't die.

At the same article it is mentioned that puryfied water becomes acidic after it interacts with CO2, so it causes more problems rather that benefits. (So I would suggest to not drink any purified water at all)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE INFORMATION ARE NOT VERIFIED
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
11 years ago
you're better off drinking ionized water because it contains minerals that are perfectly dissolved in water; our bodies require minerals, because without them, life would be be possible. sodium found in water regulates nerve transmission - same with chloride ions and potassium - both of which is found in water. flouride, also found in water, helps with our teeth. Iron is a pivotal part of the haemoglobin protein found in blood.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1055 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 146