a
t
i
r
eugenehanna eugenehanna
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
Can someone help me with any answers on Physioex 9.0 exercises such as 4, 5, and 6? T_T I need help! Frowning Face
Read 6743 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Can someone help me with any answers on Physioex 9.0 exercises such as 4, 5, and 6? T_T I need help! Frowning Face

Sure, but the questions need to be posted.
eugenehanna Author
wrote...
11 years ago
EXERCISE 4 ACTIVITIES 2-4

ACTIVITY 2

1. What is a glucose standard curve, and why did you need to obtain one for this experiment? Did you correctly predict how you would measure the amount of plasma glucose in a patient sample using the glucose standard curve?

2. Which patient(s) had glucose reading(s) in the diabetic range? Can you say with certainty whether each of these patients has type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Why or why not?

3. Describe the diagnosis for patient 3, who was also pregnant at the time of this assay.

4. Which patient(s) had normal glucose reading(s)?

5. What are some lifestyle choices these patients with normal plasma glucose readings might recommend to the borderline impaired patients?

ACTIVITY 3

1. Why were ovariectomized rats used in this experiment? How does the fact that the rats are ovariectomized explain their baseline T scores?

2. What effect did the administration of saline injections have on the control rat? How well did the results compare with your prediction?

3. What effect did the administration of estrogen injections have on the estrogen-treated rat? How well did the results compare with your prediction?

4. What effect did the administration of calcitonin injections have on the calcitonin-treated rat? How well did the results compare with your prediction?

5. What are some health risks that postmenopausal women must consider when contemplating estrogen
hormone-replacement therapy?

ACTIVITY 4

1. Which patient would most likely be diagnosed with Cushing's disease (view Table 4.1 in Experiment Results)? Why?

2. Which two patients have hormone levels characteristic of Cushing's syndrome (view Table 4.1 in Experiment Results)?

3. Patient 2 is being treated for rheumatoid arthritis with prednisone. How does this information change the diagnosis (view Table 4.1 in Experiment Results)?

4. Which patient would most likely be diagnosed with Addison's disease (view Table 4.1 in Experiment Results)? Why?

atchariya
wrote...
11 years ago
What are some health risks that postmenopausal women must consider when contemplating estrogen
hormone-replacement therapy?

With estrogen therapy there is a potential risk of uterine, breast, or colorectal cancer. There is also an increased risk of small cell lung cancer.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1266 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352