a
t
i
r
rizzlepuff8 rizzlepuff8
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Im totally behind and I need your help so I can catch up. My undrestanding is: during replication, only DNA has a role, not RNA. During transcription mRNA has a role. And it isn't until translation that tRNA and rRNA and mRNA all have a role. Am I right?
Read 499 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
All these classes of RNA are involved in translation.
RJ
wrote...
11 years ago
DNA replication takes place in the nucleus. to unwind the double stranded nucleus an enzyme DNA helicase is used. it gets attached on the exposed side of the DNA and then it starts to replicate. it breaks the bonding between the complementary bases between the double strand of the DNA and this results in the unwinding of the DNA. ONE strand of the DNA called the LEADING STRAND runs from the 5 prime dirention to the 3 prime diretion while the 2nd strand named the LAGGING strand runs from the 3 prime direction to the 5 prime direciton.
another enzyme named DNA polymerase is used for the transcription of the DNA molecule. DNA polymerase catalyses the DNA from the 5 prime direction to the 3 prime direction, but it cannot caltalyse the strand that runs from the 3 prime direction to the 5 prime direction. SO therefore the polymerisation of the leading strand can be done very fastly but for the laggind strand there is a slight problem. so therefore, the polymerisation of the lagging strand is done in SECTIONS. the sections of the lagging strand are TWISTED as such tht they run from 5 prime to the 3 prime direction and so it becomes easy for the DNA polymerase to catalyse the lagging strand as well. the twisted fragments of the lagging strand are called OKAZAKI fragments. these fragments are then joined by another enzyme named DNA ligase.
for transcription the leadind strand of the DNA acts as a template. an enzyme named RNA polymerase gets settled on the leading strand. ad it copies the COMPLEMENTARY bases on the RNA strand which is the newly synthesized strand. the complementary bases are held together by hydrogen bonds. THIS method is known as semi-conservative as the newly synthesized molecule contains a parent strand with the daughter strand. when completed, the messenger RNA detaches with the DNA strand and leaves the nucleus through a nuclear pore.
the mRNA gets settle on the ribosome in the nucleus as such that its CODONS (the three base pairs of the nitrogenous bases) are exposed. they need to be recognised by the anti-codons on the tRNA molecule.all the tRNA molecules have the same structure. they have an anti-codon base pairing on one side and an amino acid group attached on the other side. thses anti-codons recognise the SPECIFIC codons on the mRNA and gets settled there. after all the codons are recognised by the anti-codons on the tRNA, the amino acids on the tRNA forms a polypeptide chain. the tRNA copies the base pairing on the polypeptide chain and when completed the polypeptide chain leaves the ribosome for the golgi apparatus for packing and modification.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1296 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion