O
h
d
s
Sayshell Sayshell
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, Sayshell
I have a good understanding of physiology, and cell biology. I guess I am looking for the final piece of the puzzle.
Hopefully it will also cover most the problems that occur. I want to be able to answer questions like these...
1) What is the shape and function of each bone in the body? What are common associated problems with them?
2) What are all the different muscle and tendons, discs, nerves etc.. and problems with them?
3) An overview of human disease and treatments
4) Nutrition, effects of malnourishment, etc

(essentially most the stuff a doctor would know) I don't plan on being a doctor but I would really like to learn this stuff for my self so I can tell if a doctor is just pulling my leg. This way I can compare their theory and make a more informed decision on which makes better sense.
Read 653 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
11 years ago
hey, nice one...It may help you. For free ebooks, just search on google...
wrote...
11 years ago
One book that I am reading in order to take a Paramedic class is Nancy Caroline's Emergency Care in the Streets. This book has so far been pretty easy to understand. The book that I read before this in order to pass my Emt Basic class is Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured. Chapter four the human body gives an easy to understand overview of where everything is placed in the body. Emts need to recognize problems that their patients are having from trauma to shock, head and spinal injuries, diabetic emergencies, etc.
Sayshell Author
wrote...
11 years ago
thanks for the help. Sorry I usually forget to search, out of that list which one would you recommend?
TPM
wrote...
11 years ago
the human body book by dk books its really good for human anatomy, it usually comes with a colouring book which is extremely helpful when it comes to anatomy.
there are also a couple of awesome websites when it comes to cadavar anatomy just look it up on google.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  961 People Browsing
 109 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 587