a
t
i
r
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Nurse Lynn has been in the profession for over 10 years. When students come on the medical-surgical unit, Lynn is often grumpy, mean, and non-compliant when it comes to helping the students stating, “I had to pay my dues, they must pay theirs.” She does not want the students on the floor and is often obstructive in having them gain experiences or sharing insights that may benefit them. Nurse Lynn is guilty of violating which standard?
1. ICN Code of Ethics
2. ANA Standards of Practice
3. ANA Code of Ethics
4. state practice acts
5. APNA Code of Ethics
Read 396 times
1 Reply
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
2 -- Collegiality, from the ANA Standards of Practice: The registered nurse interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues. Option1: The ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses (2006) helps guide nurses in setting priorities, making judgments, and taking action when they face ethical dilemmas in clinical practice. Option 3 deals with the standards of self-care, collaboration and association involvement. Option 4 deals with the laws to define the scope of nursing in each state and Option 5 has to do with the American Psychiatric Nurse Association.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1347 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372