a
t
i
r
riya3rg riya3rg
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I recently learned that hand's have no muscle in them, it is simply tendon controlled by muscle in the forearm. However, i also recently learned that the ring finger and middle finger share a tendon (which is why, if u put your hands flat on the desk in a spider effect with your middle finger tucked in, you can't move you're ring finger)   so why can i move them independently when the middle finger isn't tucked in, because why would it matter if they share a same tendon?
Read 1269 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
because when the middle finger is tucked in the tendon  is really stretched and doesn't allow for any other movement of the ring finger. When the middle finger is not tucked in the tendon is much more relaxed and just the movement of each independent finger does not pull the tendon enough to affect the other finger.
~~~?!?
wrote...
11 years ago
There are muscles in the hands:

The movements of the human hand are accomplished by two sets of each of these tissues. They can be subdivided into two groups: the extrinsic and intrinsic muscle groups. The extrinsic muscle groups are the long flexors and extensors. They are called extrinsic because the muscle belly is located on the forearm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand
TPM
wrote...
11 years ago
This also is involved in the Somatosensory cortex, and the signal sent to your hand in order to move certain fingers or depend on the action.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatosensory_system\
but also considering when you do injure your middle finger, you usually tape it to the ring finger to stablize it because they do share the same tendon.
wrote...
11 years ago
Because they are on different joints?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1270 People Browsing
 102 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion