I
k
j
o
illestb illestb
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I have an exam for anatomy, and its all about the muscle and tendons and everything else related to human body. 50 mcq, 2 short answer.

How do I study for this?? I always do notes but i have found that I am not successful in achieving high marks... so what are some good ways to learn all this stuff?? i am willing to do whatever it takes to get a great mark.. i just do not know how else to study for this
and its just anatomy. no physiology whatsoever.
Read 622 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Try to relate these things to something that you enjoy in your life.
For example. if you enjoy working out, relate the muscles and tendons to the motion of the exercise.
Say you really like to do bicep curls, you can relate muscles and tendons in the arm to that (such as biceps brachii, brachioradialis (for between supination and pronation), brachialis) and then remember the tendons that connect to these muscles, the bones those tendons attach to, and i suppose the nerves that connect to those as well.

That is my way. I like to relate them to things that I do almost everyday, such as leg muscles to walk, muscles used to breathe, etc.
Good luck.
wrote...
11 years ago
flash cards - electronic program or paper ones you make yourself.

Our son and his wife have done this all through medical school - with stellar results.
wrote...
11 years ago
Find a study-buddy and draw on each other! Not only does it make the study more fun, but you'll have to really think about where you're drawing things. We all drew all over each other in medschool. ;-) And if you need to learn movements, turn it into a dance with lyrics... rhyme wherever you can. The sillier the better as you can remember it more easily then. Good luck! x

e.g. spinal reflexes:
'1....2... buckle my shoe'    (S1,2 ankle reflex)
3...4... kick the door' (L3,4 knee reflex)
5...6... pick up sticks (C5,6 brachoradialis reflex... bend your arms like you're doing a biceps curl)
7...8... shut the gate (C7,8 triceps reflex... straighten your arm as if you're shoving a gate shut with your back to it).

Get the idea?
wrote...
11 years ago
Flashcards don't really work in this area of study. I always draw pictures and use a lot of different colors. I make up stories and use mnemonic, take quizzes online, make charts that fold over or hide certain categories to test myself. But the best way I found to study for a test is to get with a small group, preferably in a study room with a white board and take turns teaching each other different sections. Once you can teach it, you know it. Good Luck!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  976 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 432

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?