a
t
i
r
mickey16 mickey16
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I'm a nursing student and one of my subjects is General Chemistry (Organic / Inorganic) -- it's harder than I thought it would be, and I'd like to prepare for Biochemistry as soon as possible. Slight Smile
Read 456 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
You should be good at quantitatve chemistry absolutely

This deals with calculating masses, volumes, concentrations and how to determine these from two sides of a chemical equation/reaction.

Other topics you learn in general chemistry are the basics of the atom:  protons, neutrons, electrons...electrons in atomic orbitals (electronic configuration)...an introduction to quantum numbers related with electron uniqueness.  Chemistry is all about the movement of electrons after all.

Later you are given theory of the formation of molecular orbitals and of coordination chemistry and ligand geometries.

Once you complete general chemistry (typically inorganic), you then learn organic chemistry (the chemistry of carbon).

Then you are ready to learn biochemistry, the chemistry (and biology) of biologically important molecules as metabolites of pathways important in life.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  952 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4