f
a
d
c
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
The nurse is providing instructions to a patient diagnosed with renal cancer regarding when to call for help after discharge. Which statement by the patient indicates that teaching has been successful?
1. “I should call my physician if I experience new bleeding from any site.”
2. “I should call my physician if I have an oral temperature higher than 100.5° F.”
3. “I should call my physician if I have an episode of diarrhea.”
4. “I should call my physician if I experience an occasional headache.”
Read 566 times
1 Reply
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
1 -- The nurse should instruct the patient to call the nurse or physician if any of the following signs or symptoms occur: oral temperature higher than 101.5° F; severe headache; significant increase in pain at usual site, especially if the pain is not relieved by the medication regimen, or severe pain at a new site; difficulty breathing; new bleeding from any site; confusion, irritability, or restlessness; verbalizations of deep sadness or a desire to end life; changes in eating patterns; changes in body functioning, such as severe diarrhea or constipation; withdrawal; frequent crying; greatly decreased activity level; and the appearance of edema in the extremities or significant increase in edema already present. The physician or nurse does not need to be contacted if the patient experiences an episode of diarrhea or an occasional headache.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1043 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 378