f
a
d
c
colleen colleen
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
A patient, in isolation for an incompetent immune system, asks the nurse what “disease he has” since he has been placed in isolation. With which of the following should the nurse respond to this patient?
1. “Since your immune system is weak, you can develop a disease. The isolation is to protect you.”
2. “I will have to find out from your doctor.”
3. “It’s not a bad disease. The isolation is just to make sure it doesn’t spread.”
4. “I am sure that once your medications start you work, you won’t have to remain in isolation.”
Read 1107 times
2 Replies
Sunshine ☀ ☼

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
1 -- An incompetent immune system means the patient’s body is unable to defend itself against invading microorganisms. The purpose of isolation is to protect the patient from developing or picking up a disease from someone else. This is what the nurse should explain to the patient. The nurse does not need to ask the physician about the patient’s isolation. The patient does not have a specific disease that might spread. The patient may be on medication however it is not to treat a specific disease.
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!
colleen Author
wrote...
Valued Member
11 years ago
Thank you ROB Slight Smile
Sunshine ☀ ☼
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1014 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 7
Closes: November 4