a
t
i
r
Rippygill Rippygill
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Can anyone help me with physioex 9 exercise 3 activity 2 answers please. I m working on the CD not  the booklet. Thanks
Source  physioex 9.0
Read 997 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Can anyone help me with physioex 9 exercise 3 activity 2 answers please. I m working on the CD not  the booklet. Thanks

Yes, of course. Post the question.
wrote...
11 years ago
Why not the book?
Rippygill Author
wrote...
11 years ago
1. Sensory neurons have a resting potential based on the efflux of potassium ions (as demonstrated in Activity 1). What passive channels are likely found in the membrane of the olfactory receptor, in the membrane of the Pacinian corpuscle, and in the membrane of the free nerve ending?

2. What is meant by the term graded potential?

3. Identify which of the stimulus modalities induced the largest amplitude receptor potential in the Pacinian corpuscle. How well did the results compare with your prediction?

4. Identify which of the stimulus modalities induced the largest amplitude receptor potential in the olfactory receptors. How well did the results compare with your prediction?

5. The olfactory receptor also contains a membrane protein that recognizes isoamylacetate and, via several other molecules, transduces the odor stimulus into a receptor potential. Does the Pacinian corpuscle likely have this isoamylacetate receptor protein? Does the free nerve ending likely have this isoamylacetate receptor protein?

6. What type of sensory neuron would likely respond to the green light?

Post Merge: 11 years ago

We are doing our labs through CD not the book and they both have different review questions.
Thanks for all your help.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
2. What is meant by the term graded potential?

Graded potentials are brief, localized changes in the membrane potential that can be either depolarizing or hyperpolarizing.
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
3. Identify which of the stimulus modalities induced the largest amplitude receptor potential in the Pacinian corpuscle. How well did the results compare with your prediction?

The moderate intensity pressure modality induced a receptor potential of the largest amplitude in the Pacinian corpuscle.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1252 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370