× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Addison J Addison J
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
3 years ago
These are my last two topic sentences for the last two body paragraphs I've been working on, and I just wanted to make sure that they are good so that I can continue writing the rest of each paragraph. (Both topic sentences are based on each character's revenge/emotions that have affected them based on upcoming their schemes, experiences, etc.)

2. It's found later in the play that Claudius doesn't seem to grasp Hamlet or his intentions, but easily perceives Hamlet as a threat and chooses to act against him. King Claudius is both articulate and well-spoken, two qualities that compliment his cynical and risky personality, rendering him to be the villain in the play. His main contribution to the theme of revenge is how he influences the decisions taken by Laertes to seek vengeance. The King is a central stakeholder in the death of Hamlet, Laertes, and Queen Gertrude.

3. Unlike Hamlet and Claudius, Laertes is one of those characters that play an important role in the development of the main character. Aside from his father's death, Laertes seeks a particular form of vengeance than Hamlet's. He's driven by emotion, he doesn't over-analyze anything he's already doing, he just acts. He's a reckless performer, in which nothing can distract him from his revenge. And of that, he is easily influenced, especially by the former king Claudius.
Read 110 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
IT IS found later in the play that Claudius doesn't seem to grasp Hamlet's intentions, but easily perceives him as a threat and chooses to act against him. King Claudius is both articulate and well-spoken, two qualities that compliment his cynical and risky personality, therefore rendering him as the villain. His main contribution to the theme of revenge is how he influences the decisions taken by Laertes to seek vengeance. The King is a central stakeholder in the death of Hamlet, Laertes, and Queen Gertrude.

Don't use words like "it's" in a formal essay.

Be consistent. If you use Claudius, don't address him as "King Claudius" later on.

Good paragraph 👍

Unlike Hamlet and Claudius, Laertes plays an important role in the development of the main character. Aside from his father's death, Laertes seeks a particular form of vengeance than Hamlet's. He's driven by emotion, doesn't over-analyze anything that he is already doing, and simply acts. He is a reckless performer, in which nothing can distract him from his revenge. And of that, he is easily influenced, especially by the former king Claudius.

The first sentence doesn't contribute to the topic, and if you decide to keep it, be specific as to who the "main character" is. I would completely erase it.

"Aside from his father's death" Laertes' father died? Is that what you meant? Forgot the plot again Frowning Face Apart from that, I fixed the grammatical errors, and the sentence sounds great.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Addison J. Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Okay thanks again, and yes Hamlet kills Laerte's father, but not purposely.
Addison J. Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I changed the sentence for the paragraph about Laertes to, There has been a shift in Laertes since the beginning of the play since his rage and the grief of his father's death have made him behave differently.
Does this sound better?
Addison J. Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Also just wanted to ask, are you able to check over what I wrote after the quote of the paragraphs of Claudius and Laertes? If that's too much to ask, then that's okay, Thanks for helping me with my essay, I really appreciate it.
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Also just wanted to ask, are you able to check over what I wrote after the quote of the paragraphs of Claudius and Laertes? If that's too much to ask, then that's okay, Thanks for helping me with my essay, I really appreciate it.

Hi, Sry, which part do want edited. I didn't receive a notification Undecided
- Bachelor of Science
Addison J. Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I didn't post them yet, but can I just post them here or should I make a new topic/question for it?
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
sure new topic
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1275 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372