a
t
i
r
finitybeyond finitybeyond
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I know effects serotonin and it's receptors but what exactly does it do to them?
Yeah it binds to them but what does that do? Increase serotonin production? Because to me it seems that binding to the receptors would prevent the serotonin binding to the receptors which would then decrease the amount the neurones are firing which would surely create a negative affect to what LSD does.
Read 278 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Binds to the serotonine receptors and triggers the effect felt by serotonin. The end result is a desentivation of the receptor (Require longer exposure for the same effect, etc.)
wrote...
11 years ago
I'm not sure if this is going to answer your question...

when you have a drug, like LSD, the thing is, that serotonin is basically related to your mood, and if you have to little, this means that you could be depressed, and that the receptors are blocking serotonin from going through and they are stuck in the synapse.

so, if there are stuck in the synapse, then there would be less serotonin going around. and if you take an SSRI, which is like zoloft or something, and you do LSD, that will mess you up really bad.

im pretty sure that didnt answer your question lol
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1250 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372