u
A
B
j
daveallens daveallens
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I have a new design/invention but don't know where to contact to verify it......I need to have it certified so that I can release it to the market. However, I don't know where to go to do that. Can you help me with this? I would appreciate that so much!
Read 260 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
The terms 'verify' and 'certify' are not used when dealing with inventions, so I'm not sure what you mean. But if you want to get a patent you have a long road ahead of you. The first thing is to search the patent archives to see if there is an existing patent for you idea. Then you must file an application for patent and send it to the US Patent and Trademark Office in Washington DC (www.uspto.gov) who will eventually review it and send you a response. This response must then be acted on by you depending on what they have to say. After that they may decide to issue you a patent.

These actions are not required for you to sell a product. It does offer you court protection if someone decides to steal your idea. But only if a patent is granted. A good patent lawyer would be very helpful in this. That's lawyer, not service. Patent service firms are a rip off.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1135 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 10
Closes: November 4