f
a
d
c
smm0309 smm0309
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
I was just wondering because nasa found a planet habitable by humans called Kepler 22 b and I was wondering in my life time would it be possible to have a Kepler 22b rover
Read 472 times
7 Replies
Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
First off, there has been no planet discovered that is "habitable by humans". Kepler 22b
is simply thought to be in its' star's "habitable zone". The details of atmosphere or lack
thereof along with myriad other factors required for a planet to be "habitable" are not known.
Secondly, the amount of time required to travel a particular distance is wholly dependent
upon the speed that the vehicle is traveling.
wrote...
11 years ago
Depends on how fast you want to craft to move. At the speed of light, 600 years. Anything lower and it'll take longer.
Answer accepted by topic starter
lejakkklejakkk
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free

Related Topics

wrote...
11 years ago
Common sense approach:

A light year is how far light travels in one year.  That means it takes light 600 years to reach the planet in question.  Any object with mass (like a rover) has to move slower than light.

Do you plan to live for longer than 600 years?
wrote...
11 years ago
How long would it take for a nasa spaceship to travel 600 light years?

Manned spacecraft used by NASA and other space agencies move at a velocity of about 7 kilometers per second. Travelling at that velocity, you'd need about 26 million years to travel that distance of 600 light-years.
SMK
wrote...
11 years ago
A Stephen Hawking documentary described traveling to Gliese ( 20 light years away ) at the rate of Voyager 1 and that was 350,000 years.   To travel 600 light years, that would be 10,500,000 years.  Our fastest space probe is now the "New Horizon" probe to Pluto as it's a race to get there before the launch window closes for nearly a century plus it's about to move into the deep freeze portion of it's orbit where it's atmosphere will solidify and therefore it would be less interesting but that's only 18% faster.
wrote...
11 years ago
I think we figured out that a Nasa Space Shuttle would take about 21,000 years to go one light year.

So that's 21,000 times 600 which is 12,600,000 years.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  595 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 379