× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
4bio 4bio
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Messenger RNA (mRNA) is a single-stranded molecule that passes through nuclear pores into the cytoplasm to ribosomes situated on the endoplasmic reticulum. The triplet codons are read from mRNA as it passes through the ribosome. The function of tRNA is like that of a wheelbarrow; it brings the correct amino acid to the work site at the ribosome for protein synthesis.

Complete the following blanks with the correct terms.

A tRNA (UGA) carries as its load, only the amino acid called_______. It plugs into the ribosome because its_______, (UGA), matches the mRNA codon___(letters).

A different tRNA (GGG) carries only the amino acid_______and its_______, (GGG), which allows it to match the mRNA codon___.

Another tRNA (CUU) carries the amino acid________and its anticodon (CUU), which allows it to match the mRNA codon___.

Note: Each of these three lines have a similar type of answer for each location. Use this information to help you complete the answer. For example, the last blank for each line must be a three-letter code.

Asked before but not fully answered.
Read 1852 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Have you had a chance to see this thread: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=75916 ?

Let me know if that helps, otherwise I will personally answer them
4bio Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Still need help with this question thanks.
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Sure, here's my understanding

A tRNA (UGA) carries as its load, only the amino acid called_______. It plugs into the ribosome because its_______, (UGA), matches the mRNA codon___(letters).

UGA means that ACU is the amino acid it holds, which is threonine.

A tRNA (UGA) carries as its load, only the amino acid called threonine. It plugs into the ribosome because its anticodon, (UGA), matches the mRNA codon ACU (letters).

A different tRNA (GGG) carries only the amino acid_______and its_______, (GGG), which allows it to match the mRNA codon___.

GGG means that CCC is the amino acid it holds, which is proline.

A different tRNA (GGG) carries only the amino acid proline and its anticodon, (GGG), which allows it to match the mRNA codon CCC.

Another tRNA (CUU) carries the amino acid________and its anticodon (CUU), which allows it to match the mRNA codon___.

Another tRNA (CUU) carries the amino acid glutamic acid and its anticodon (CUU), which allows it to match the mRNA codon GAA.

Happy to help
4bio Author
wrote...
6 years ago
thank you so much!!!
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago
Pleasure is all mine.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please mark it solved (there is a solved button, bottom right corner of every post).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1270 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293