t
i
r
Sektor404 Sektor404
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Hi Slight Smile

For our Chemistry tutorial we have to use a computer program to simulate an aqueous solution of Iron (II) Iodide with a concentration of 0.6M.

I believe the Iron (II) Iodide exists in solution as separate Iron and Iodine Ions as the H20 molecules keep them apart. The formula for Iron (II) Iodide is FeI2 so it's ONE Iron for every TWO Iodines. How do I go about representing this as a computer image? Does the 0.6M affect the number of ions of Iron and Iodine in the solution? How many Iron, Iodine and H20 molecules do I have to draw or does the number of them not matter? I am so confused Confounded Face

For example, do I just draw ONE Iron Ion and TWO Iodine Ions (how many H20 molecules do I draw as well?)

Also, as an estimate or from knowledge, how many H20 molecules would surround ONE Fe2+ Cation in the solution and why?

I know this is a very confusing question as I just confused myself, but ANY help is appreciated!
Read 1246 times
7 Replies