a
t
i
r
nini07 nini07
wrote...
Donated
12 years ago
CAn someone please explain to me right sided heart failure and left sided heart failure??
Read 1074 times
2 Replies
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
i believe Cor pulmonale is failure of the right side of the heart brought on by long-term high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries and right ventricle of the heart. Normally, the left side of the heart produces a higher blood pressure in order to pump blood to the body. The right side of the heart pumps blood through the lungs under much lower pressure.
High blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs is called pulmonary hypertension. The right side of the heart has a harder time pumping blood against these higher pressures. If this high pressure is present for a longer period of time, it puts a strain on the right side of the heart, leading to cor pulmonale.
Almost any chronic lung disease or condition causing prolonged low blood oxygen levels can lead to cor pulmonale.

The left side of the heart receives blood rich in oxygen from the lungs and pumps it to the remainder of the body. As the ability to pump blood forward from the left side of the heart is decreased, the remainder of the body does not receive enough oxygen especially when exercising. This results in fatigue. In addition, the pressure in the veins of the lung increases, which may cause fluid accumulation in the lung. This results in shortness of breath and pulmonary edema.
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
Gladly Smiling Face with Open Mouth

Right-sided heart failure is when the heart cannot fill with enough blood. Left-sided heart failure is when the heart cannot supply blood to the body with enough force. In some cases, both problems exist.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1264 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352